Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer

Summer is here! Since coming home from vacation we have had VBS, spent a week going to the pool everyday, and trying to get the house in some kind of order. HA! This week we went to the pool a couple of times on the days I didn't work. I am seeing some attitudes in my kids that I am not please with and am working on them. Oh the hateful talk and spirits are just about to drive me crazy! Just in God's timing, I am going to the "Deeper Still" conference tomorrow. Kay Arthur, Beth Moore, Priscilla Shriver and MANDISA will all be there. I need this so badly! I wanted to go from the beginning since I have not been able to do something like this for YEARS! Then when I found out that the few ladies I really know at church weren't going to be able to go, I wanted to change my mind. Even had decided to. Then I was asked to drive the "Big Red Van" since there were not enough going to rationalize taking a bus. I was hesitant for a couple of reasons. John will not have a car big enough to take all of the kids in for over 24 hours and will be by himself most of the time. And I hate to drive long distances :~( But I felt this was God's way to make sure I went. Then I worried about who I would be rooming with since I did not even know who was going. Just yesterday I found out that I am rooming with the sweetest lady whom I have wanted to spend time with for so long. We have a lot in common and always enjoy talking to each other. God is just so good. So, even though I do hate leaving the kids, I know I need this and I know that God is in this and He has something for me to learn this weekend! What a blessing that is!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Kim, You go enjoy yourself. It sounds like God was making SURE you attend this time with other Christian ladt friends! Have fun, RELAX and take it all in GIRL!

You deserve this!