Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Worship

As I was reading "Life Principles for Worship" today, I saw a truth that I had not seen before.  Or one that didn't apply to me like it does now.  The study has started with a few facts about worhsip.  The first is that we must first deal with and confess our sin.  Then we much worship God's way, not ours.  Worship also requires our obedience to God.  Then it said that worship is a response of a grateful heart.  Because of the sense of reason that God has given us, we can comprehend what is happening in our lives and we can understand why.  Romans 12:1 tells us that we are to present our selves to God as our "spiritual service of worship".  "It is a logical response when we understand all that God has done for us."  As I think back to my post on praising God if things had gone differently, I see that it is not for what God has given us.  Or what He did in Austin's life~ although that is reason to PRAISE and WORSHIP God~ but because of what He has done for all of us.  The sacrifice He made to give His only son to save us from our sins.  To give His only son to save ME from MY sin!  WOW~ not that is something to praise Him for.  No matter how things may go in our lives. 

No comments: