Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

On this Christmas Eve with a house full of sick children and a list of things still to do, I started the morning very early with a child needing a breathing treatment. As she was doing the treatment, I thought I would check my Facebook. It was there that I saw the video for "Where Is The Line To See Jesus?" As I watched that video, tears streamed down my face. I was so convicted of the truth that I had lost site of the REAL reason for this season. My vision was blurred by the business of life, working full time, and sick children. I was so disappointed in all of the "traditions" that we were not sharing this year that I was not focusing on the ONLY tradition that matters and that is the celebration of Jesus. Oh, I am one to believe that we are to celebrate HIM all year, but I also believe that we are to be the LIGHT of the world who focuses ONLY on the THINGS of Christmas. And here I was, falling into that trap myself. So today, with presents left to wrap, and cookies left to bake, I have gone to my Lord and asked forgiveness and praised HIM for loving me these last weeks as I have been so unloveable. And I am starting our Christmas season NOW~ focusing on HIM and not the THINGS!! Merry Christmas to ALL!

No comments: