Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Here we go .....a new year~ a new beginning~ again

The beginning of a new year. The older I get the faster the days, weeks, months and yes, years, go by. I remember my mom telling me that when I was younger~ I didn't see how that could be~ but now I do. John and I just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary! THIRTY YEARS! It is hard to believe that I am old enough to me married that long. But I am :~) I will say that without God, we never would have made it 30 years. We gave our lives to Jesus in 1988, and life has never been the same since. And we are sooo glad. We didn't do anything big to celebrate but hope to later this year. It hard to do something the week before CHristmas. I will say~ those 30 years have been full. We have had 11 wonderful children, 2 children by marriage and 4 beautiful grandchildren. Adam, 30 married to Katie and parents to Brayden,2 1/2, and Emmory, 2 months. Amber 27, married to Lyn, parents to Isabella, 2, and Sadie, 10 months. Alex, 21, Austin,18, Andrew, 16, Aaron,14, Alyssa,12, Abbie,8, Anna Grace,6, Avery,5, and Aimee, 20 months. John has worked in the trucking business for 28 years and is now in sales again with Roadway Express. I am a homeschooling mom who works one day a week as a RN in an ENT surgery center. We are in the midst of BUSYNESS with 4 children playing basektball, Austin and Andrew for the Curtis Baptist Crusaders Varsity team and Aaron and Alyssa for the middle school teams. The little ones are so good about going to game after game after game! I am homeschooling Aaron, Alyssa, Abbie, Anna Grace and Avery this year while Aimee just gets into things :~) IN my spare time, I love to read, study God's Word, (which is my top "resolution" this year) and scrapbook!

I guess that is about it about me for now.I do hope to do better at keeping up with this than I have in the past!

No comments: